The coalition is committed to working with and hearing from parents, more specifically the intercultural families that are hard to reach and other community partners to increase overall knowledge and understanding of the early years, including the ECMap Project, and to enhance environments and services to enrich children’s lives and help them attain their full potential.
We will do this by:
- Understanding the present Family Context (Socio-economic condition) as well as pre-migration circumstances for newcomer families.
- Hearing from parents their cultural perspectives on and understanding of ECD.
- Gathering what parents experiences are with services and resources (And what the barriers are that prevent access)
- Hear from parents what they feel are the GAPS
- Hear what are their aspirations are for their them and children